Thursday 3 October 2013

Faded Glamour - the book (with my photos in it!)

Hi all,
Here is my second very exciting news that's just happening right now - last year I received a phone call from Rebecca Kain, the owner of Redcurrent (www.redcurrent.co.nz), asking me to take the photos for the coffee table book she was intending to write that same year.  2012/2013 were two amazing years that saw me visiting some grand, old, sensational houses and photographing them, or aspects of them.  I'd never worked on such a huge project, and I loved every minute of it, seriously every minute.  

And the book is now on the shelves for sale, as from 30 September 2013.  Rebecca kindly had a copy of the book courried to me last week, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the box and held the book in my hands for the first time - all the photos in there I remembered taking, with all the stories that came with them (some very funny!!).  My photos, how cool!!!

That's the book!!


There was even a big article with a photo from the book on the front page of Viva, the NZ Herald's wednesday magazine, with my name (yes!!) mentioned in it. As you can see, i'm pretty happy about it, I suppose it's not every day your work is published...anywhere!!! lol

http://blog.redcurrent.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Viva-front-page.jpg

http://blog.redcurrent.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Viva-inside.jpg

if i'm allowed to, I will post some photos of the book here soon.
take care in the meantime
xx

1 comment:

  1. So so so proud of you!
    Can i buy the book in the UK?
    Much love and well done
    C xx

    ReplyDelete